Monday, November 15, 2010

Character Piece: Readjustments and Backgrounds

I have further readjusted the character's foot to be coming more towards the viewer. I've been informed that the arm furthest away from the viewer is in an uncomfortable position. I did this because I was copying the Tarzan pose and because I feel that like Spider-Man, it helps to push the idea of flexibility. Spider-Man is always doing weird poses with what would be uncomfortable contortions, but it helps define the way he moves; I want to do the same with my character.

With my character done, I need to start working up a quick background in which to put her in. I thought about going really abstract but what I came up with was not really pleasing.



The abstract background looked like a psychedelic wave and she's surfing on nothing. I needed to put her in a more stable area and her feet needed to be on something solid. I decided to just put her on a very thick branch like the Tarzan picture I based my piece off of. Looking at the Tarzan picture though, he's not really on the branch. I want the viewer to understand where she's at, but I didn't want the background to be as tight as the character since it's not the focus. I wanted to mimic the long heavy brushstrokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment